1. 42 year old native Detroiter. My heart will always belong to the Motor City.
2. Lived in Michigan, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and Illinois.
3. Home is where my kids and Drew are.
4. I’m the oldest of 3. Little bro Mike and littler sis Amy. My “little” bro will turn 40 this year.
5. Married for 19 years to Drew. We eloped to Reno and yes, it makes a good story.
6. Mom to 3 kids. Abbey 15, Josh 13 and Will 10.
7. We left the country life and moved to Oak Park, IL (Chicagoland) 2 years ago.
8. Country living was much smellier than city living. Also, much quieter.
9. Number one on my bucket list, sleep under the Northern Lights.
10. Used to be sure about everything. Not sure about anything anymore. Learning to accept the Mystery- or Grand Silence.
11. I lose everything. I mean, everything. Diagnosed as an adult with ADD.
12. Proud introvert.
13. Avid reader- Working on the Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny currently.
14. Two greatest drinks in the world- sparkling water and wine. They make me an official adult.
15. Made for community. Especially one that will let me be an introvert in a crowd.
16. I try to be really honest. I hope that gives you the freedom to be honest too.
17. Jobs I’ve had (or places I have worked) since I started working at 15- Lifeguard, water safety instructor, Baskin Robbins, Victoria’s Secret, paint sniffer in a test lab, Invoice organizer at Averill Accounting, barista at CUPS (probably my favorite job!) babysitter, IU 13 para educator, administrative assistant, camp lifeguard, preschool teacher….
18. Love to run! Only three weeks away from running the Chicago Marathon.
19. Last but not least, RESIST.